Back To Gallery: Landmarks
300 Pearl Street Gallery: Landmarks Description: The J. M. French House at 300 Pearl Street is a 19th-century house that was completely remodeled into more
popular architectural style in the early 20th century. Originally constructed around 1880 from a William Youman design, the house was remodeled in 1929 by owner Louis A. Wilson. Wilson hired architect Norman Cook, who was also responsible for the remodeling of the 1840s Italianate house at into a Dutch Colonial Revival design,
transformed the original house into an impressive Tudor Revival residence, complete with half timbering, prominent corbelled end chimneys, rubble stone detailing, and a rounded arch entry with a wood plank door.