- City-wide buses operate within the city limits of Ottawa and are under the umbrella of NCAT and all rules and policies of NCAT apply and pertain to the city-wide bus.
- Hours of operation: 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. First pick-up of the day is 8:25 a.m. at the PADS Shelter on Superior Street. Last pick-up of the day begins at 2:30 p.m. with the last rider off by 3:30 p.m.
- The NCAT city-wide bus CAN NOT deviate from the designated route to pick-up or drop-off a rider. But, as a point of note, the bus will stop along the route to pick up a rider that is unable to get to a designated stop as long as it is on the designated route and the driver can pull the bus over safely and securely to board and/or disembark a rider. The rider should stand or sit in a safe place and signal to the driver.
- No reservation appointment is needed to ride. All the rider has to do is be present at one of the fourteen designated stops along the designated route at the time associated with that stop, board the bus, and wait for your stop to disembark.
- The designated times and stopping points were made with the goal of allowing a ride to be able to mostly board and exit a bus every hour on the hour with the exception of lunch time.
- Fares will remain the same at $2.00 per ride. Fares must be paid in cash or with a punch card which can be purchased at City Hall on Madison Street.
Questions concerning NCAT services within the corporate limits or LaSalle County should be directed to 815-433-0161 extension 154.
City Route-One Bus Operation Hours 8:30-2:30
Time Pass the Top of the Hour:
:30 Canal & Madison Station Stop #1
:34 Fox Apts. – North Entrance Stop #2
:38 Dougherty Apts. – At street curb Stop #3
:41 Ravlin Apts. – Front entrance Stop #4
:43 Joliet St. – Behind Auto Zone Stop #5
:46 Nebraska & Wake Street Stop #6
:52 Aldi’s/Dollar Tree Stop #7
:00 Wal-Mart - Middle Entrance Stop #8
:02 Goodwill Stop #9
:09 North Ottawa Plaza-Kroger’s Stop #10
:17 Campbell Street/New Chalet Stop #11
:20 Southtown Mall/Dollar General Stop #12
:22 Kroger’s South Stop #13
:25 Save-A-Lot Parking Lot Stop #14
Pick-up times at PADS: 8:25 a.m. and 12:29 p.m.Lunch Hour with no transit service: 11:45 a.m. – 12:25 p.m.
11:30 a.m. and 2:30 p.m.: Driver will drop-off any rider on the bus at the Dougherty Apartments, the Ravlin, or the Salvation Army Soup Kitchen at 11:40 a.m.
***NOTE: If a rider needs to go to North Central Behavioral, please tell the driver and they will make the stop after the Aldi’s stop.
Riders can make a reservation with NCAT for an on-demand ride, with curb-to-curb pick-up service. Call (877) 874-8813 ext. #1