Street Commissioner James Less has announced that Ottawa’s city-wide leaf vacuuming program will begin Monday, November 6, 2017.
Sections N-1 and S-1 will be the first areas where crews will start. Followed by W-1 and then workers will proceed to each section in the order shown on the attached map. Residents are reminded of the following:
- Rake leaves to the berm but NOT into the streets.
- Piles should be leaves only. Vac units cannot handle branches or twigs.
- Have leaves raked to the berm before the units reach your section. City workers do not “skip” piles and they will not come back to get leaves that were raked out after they have passed by.
- Units cannot reach around vehicles parked on the street.
- Weather permitting, the City plans to make only 2 rounds in each section. The program is expected to be finished by Friday, December 1, 2017.
- For prompt disposal of leaves and lawn debris, use of the waste dumpsters in the 400 block of West Jackson Street is encouraged. The dumpsters will be available 7 days a week from dawn to dusk.