Commissioner James Less announces that Allen Park is now open and thanks the Ottawa community for their patience as the City continues to makes repairs necessitated due to damage following the February tornado and recent flooding.
- The eastern bathroom facility is currently out of service and under construction
- The western bathroom is in full service and will be opened each day
- Boat Ramps are fully available, but the docks still require some repair from the tornado damage and are not available for use.
- The playground has a fence around one item out of service, and the mulch will be damp, but it is safe for use.
- The Band Shell and the old lift station will be demolished in the weeks to come.
- The South Shoreline Riverwalk is collapsed/sunken due to flooding. Residents are urged to use caution in this area.
The City asks for resident’s continued patience as repairs continue in the weeks to come.
“The Council looks forward to returning the park to its full operational usage in the near future for the community to enjoy,” commented Commissioner Less.