Ottawa city residents may bring leaves, small twigs/branches (2” in diameter or less), garden waste and vegetation to the dumpsters located in the 400 block of West Jackson Street near the railroad tracks at Walnut Street. The area has been improved for this year’s collection with a firm surface in and around the dumpsters with room for vehicles to pull off the road and unload in a safe manner.
THE FOLLOWING RULES APPLY TO THIS PROGRAM
- Dumping will be allowed, seven days a week, DAWN TO DUSK ONLY.
- The site will NOT be manned so residents MUST do their own unloading.
- Biodegradable paper bags WILL BE ALLOWED to be put in the dumpsters.
- NO plastic bags, lumber, metal, newspapers or garbage of any kind is allowed.
- NO commercial lawn or landscaping business is allowed to use this site.
- If dumpsters are full, DO NOT leave items loose on the ground. You may return with items after dumpsters have been emptied.
This site is under 24-hour video surveillance -- Individuals in violation of these rules are subject to prosecution to the fullest extent of the law.
THE SUCCESS AND CONTINUATION OF THIS PROGRAM DEPENDS ON THE PUBLIC’S COOPERATION. VIOLATORS MAY BE REPORTED TO THE OTTAWA POLICE DEPARTMENT AT 815-433-2131 FOR CITATION.